How do I modify existing orders?

Use the Request to Change Court Order for the request for the modification. Please consult your attorney prior to filing this form to ensure that you are following the appropriate procedure and using the correct form.

How do I become emancipated?

The Judicial Council website has an Emancipation Pamphlet, which explains the requirements for emancipations. In Sutter County, emancipations are filed and heard in the Civil Courts.

My child is frequently in trouble but has not committed a crime. Can I make my child a ward of the court?

Please contact the court for more information.

Do I as a parent/legal guardian have to appear along with my child in court?

Yes, a parent or legal guardian must appear with their child for court hearings.